Thursday, July 8, 2010

his jobs are done

at the first trimester the house had to go on a little vacation. my attention to it became only the observation of the collecting dust and dishes. the sickness of that first few months overtook function a housewife performs. take out became a staple as touching food made me ill. scotty tried to fill in the blanks of my misery but we were falling apart. i tend to get blue and down when routine is abandoned and i can assure you that there was some blue around here. as soon as 18, 19 weeks ensued the light started to shine down. i could eat without hours of misery and the migraines were haulting. my signs that the ugh was over and the honeymooning phase was beginning. the not too big and feeling good part.

the second trimester has been met with other issues this time around. mostly, my body is worn out. the equipment is used and needs some tune ups apparently. a herniated disc, the S something or other joints (hips) are so bothered during pregnancy, and the split abdomen that was so apparent with the pumpkin belly shot.




that pumpkin apparently spilt my abs right down the middle, leaving a fist size gap. that apparently makes your back and hips hurt everyday when a new pumpkin is growing. scotty fixed me up with a brace to hold the pumpkin up, that helps but it leaves much to be desired in the fashion department. it is not something i can wear to the store, i just can't do it.

also on the list of no no's are bending and twisting, lifting of anything or even pulling. now, try to be a mother and house wife with that on your plate. i was determined i needed a housekeeper. alice sounds good to me, it worked for the brady's. but then the money phobia is brought into play. so, my nice husband stepped up and for the first time in his life took to scrubbing toilets. (insert gasp). it does help my cause that he helps repair herniated discs 4 days a week. he is well aware of the damage done from being a housewife with a pumpkin in tow. the laundry gets done and my floors get cleaned and steamed once a week. it has been incredibly hard. period. he already has a full time job.

the other day a friend called, wanting to see if we could accompany them to a local fireworks show. did we have anything going, were we busy? why no, in fact scott got all his jobs done last night and we are ready for a party. the receiving end of this conversation (a male) was quite giggly. i had to explain.

so, that is the situation at our house. my dear, sweet husband has realized the role his cleaning hands will play in the next few months until the egg has hatched and yes, i love him everyday for it....

5 comments:

Deanna said...

I am so sorry to hear about your back. As you know, it is all too easy for me to relate to this pain and to be pregnant on top of it is cruel. I am sure glad you have wonderful Scotty to take care of you. I wish I could be there to do something to help! Please know that my prayers are with you.

Tammy said...

I'm confused. Was your belly actually painted?! That is so hilarious!! And I think I spot bud "e" sticking his tongue out in the background of that second picture. Funny.

i'm h.mac said...

yes tammy, that was my painted belly! it was 3 days before i delivered ella and i was so huge! up and out, apparently that big of a belly does some damage.....

Paige M. said...

i loved when you did that... what i love even more is kyle in the background with his hand me down wig and santa hat.... :) oh... that boy. i don't know what we are goin' to do with him!

Bart and Jill Schenck Family said...

I have to agree, a tune up is DEFINATELY needed over here! I am trying to keep my kids picking up their stuff and as long as my laundry and dishes are done, I have had to let the mopping go for a bit. Whenever someone stops by lately, I have to keep them on the porch!!!